Learning Support Assistant
Chetwynd Primary Academy is a ‘good’ school with ‘outstanding’ elements (Ofsted 2014), having an excellent reputation within the local community. We are a friendly school with a great team ethos, both working with children and each other. We continually strive for high standards in school, but still have time for fun and enjoyment. We can offer wonderful children, a hardworking and supportive team, ongoing professional development and an active and interested Governing Body.
Due to the promotion of the current post holder we invite applications for the role of Learning Support Assistant to support children across school, starting the post as soon as possible.
You will need to have recent successful experience of working with children in groups and on a 1:1 basis, putting their personal development at the heart of all you do. You will need to be caring and sensitive to the needs of the children, support in a range of activities and work as part of a close-knit team. Induction, training and support are available for the successful candidate.
Spencer Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our students and all posts are subject to enhanced DBS with children’s barred list checks and completion of Level 2 safeguarding training. In line with safer recruitment policies references will be called for prior to interview.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has relevant qualifications/experience in working with children, including those with additional needs
- Is passionate about children’s learning and wellbeing
- Is an inspirational, dedicated and highly effective learning support assistant, committed to raising standards
- Is highly motivated and able to work as part of a team
- Is committed to building successful relationship, based on mutual respect, with children, parents/carers, colleagues, governors and wider professionals
We are looking for someone who:
- A caring, hardworking and dedicated staff team
- Supportive parents and governors
- A commitment to CPD
- A welcoming atmosphere where everyone is welcomed
The Spencer Academies Trust is an educational charity and academy sponsor, which is committed to ensuring that every child, regardless of background, has access to an outstanding education and real choices in life. We have a successful track record of providing high quality teaching and learning which ensures improved outcomes for children and young people. The Trust mission statement reflects our vision and aim for all Trust schools. Our highly-successful network of 17 schools (8 Secondary and 9 Primary) educates students across Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Nottingham City, Derby City and Leicestershire:
Spencer Academies Trust is an exceptional Trust, which provides an outstanding education for local children. Our Trust is a model of national excellence. We work collaboratively to achieve the best possible outcomes for all young people, in an environment where partnership is valued and success is celebrated. Our education delivers real life experiences for students, promotes independent enquiry and stimulates intellectual curiosity; whilst developing a strong sense of individual responsibility and a personal belief and confidence. All of our students fulfil their potential and make unparalleled progress. They are fully prepared for the next phase of their education and have unrivalled opportunities to become future leaders.
• All children have a right to a quality education regardless of background or ability, and have an entitlement to the opportunity of a secure progression route in their learning and development
• Schools are stronger when they work in collaboration with each other, operate within a ‘family’ and are open to a true sense of partnership
• We grow the effectiveness and sustainability of our schools by developing the people within them, and that through shared and equitable responsibility for quality and outcomes; we achieve more
Applicants would be expected to share the Trust’s high aspirations and expectations for pupils and staff and have demonstrable evidence of driving teaching and learning outcomes in the primary phase. If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please contact Gaynor Moore 0115 9177353. For more details about our wonderful school please take a look at our website www.chetwyndprimaryacademy.co.uk and our Twitter feed @ChetwyndPrimary
Applications for this post must be submitted on our online application form, which can be found at http://www.satrust.com/vacancies
Closing date: 11th July 2019 at 8am. Interviews: 17th July 2019
This vacancy is closed to applications.