Suffolk Libraries is an independent and charitable society which runs Suffolk’s public library service and prison libraries in several counties including Suffolk, Bedfordshire and Nottinghamshire.
Our vision is to enrich everyone’s quality of life and we aim to provide safe, fun and inspiring spaces that expand knowledge, connect people, stimulate creativity and foster a sense of community.
We are looking for someone who shares this vision and wants to join our team at HMP Ranby, a category C men’s prison in Nottinghamshire. We are interested in someone who:
- Is an experienced library professional who has a deep understanding of the important role of libraries in society.
- Has the ability to lead, manage and motivate a team of staff and orderlies to provide a customer focused and responsive service.
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, who is friendly and approachable with a confident manner and the ability to remain vigilant.
- Is proactive and able to promote innovative ideas that will make the library relevant and increase the use of the prison library offer.
- Is IT literate and competent in the use of computer packages, including a library management system, to provide a range of services to residents.
- Will use time at work effectively to achieve goals individually and with the team through exceptional time management and organisational skills.
- Has sufficient emotional resilience to work in what can be a challenging but highly rewarding environment.
You will be required to work 37 hours a week including weekends.
There is a package of benefits which includes a pension scheme and life assurance.
This role is subject to successful security and identity vetting through the prison service. If you would like to visit the prison before you apply for this position, please contact us on the email below.
Please send a CV together with a supporting statement outlining what you could bring to this position and Suffolk Libraries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is the 16 August 2019. Interviews to take place on the 23 August 2019.
This vacancy is closed to applications.