Early Year's Lead (EYFS)
Required from 1 January 2020
Be part of something amazing!
We are looking for an inspirational, innovative, resilient and motivated leader. A team player with strong interpersonal skills and organisational skills. A creative and forward-thinking teacher in their approach to teaching and learning who expects and maintains the highest standards of pupil achievement. You will preferably have a little bit of quirkiness: if a child requests that you be a captain of a pirate ship, you will be the very best pirate captain you can be! The ability to sing in tune is not necessary, however the ability to sing out of tune in front of a crowd is essential. As is dancing to all types of music! Given just some sticks and leaves, you could create something amazing that sparks the imagination…
This is a fantastic opportunity to start your leadership journey with a nurturing and supportive senior leadership team who will offer mentoring, coaching and access to further leadership development through NPQs. As we are part of the Flying High Partnership, you will have access to EYFS networks and the expertise of the Lead teachers for EYFS for mentoring and support. Thus, allowing you to ensure the early years phase goes from strength to strength ensuring the very best outcomes for our children.
Bilsthorpe Flying High Academy is set in beautiful countryside with acres of outdoor space, we are close to the Southwell trail as well as having a forest on our door step. We are at the heart of our community and enjoy being at the centre of community events. Bilsthorpe Flying High Academy has a fantastic and talented staff driven by a passion for educating our children.
We have 7 pledges to ensure our school is a fun, nurturing, caring, safe place with high aspirations and standards so that both children and staff can flourish!
Responsibility, Perseverance, Aspiration, Pride, Enjoyment, Confidence, Creativity
We are part of the Flying High Partnership, a primary only forward thinking and supportive trust who put the children at the heart of everything we do. Being part of the trust offers staff incredible opportunities with exceptional continuing professional development at every stage of your career, opportunities for career progression both within your own school and across the partnership, a partnership of schools that prioritise wellbeing and work load of staff, a strong package of incentives for all employees and a genuine sense of team work across all schools and across the partnership with a determination to have fun.
Bilsthorpe Flying High academy has recently been graded “good” by Ofsted in September 2018, the school has been recognised by Nick Gibb and Damien Hinds as being in the top 3% of schools in the country for progress. Team Bilsthorpe are incredibly support and committed to ensuring that everyone is nurtured to grow both personally and professionally.
Are you looking for a chance to make a difference in a beautiful rural school with acres of outdoor space?
Are you someone who wants to join a supportive team where everyone has the determination to make our school the best in the universe?
Do you inspire children to aspire to be…?
Do you have boundless energy, bounce back ability and commitment?
If so, our early year’s children want to hear from you.
We are looking for someone who:
- Puts children first- at the heart of everything you do
- Believes all children can learn and has high aspirations for all
- Can model and set high expectations for all team members
- Is passionate and cares about making a difference to all children’s learning outcomes
- Understands the importance of establishing strong relationships with families and the wider community
- Has a good understanding of the curriculum and assessment processes
- Be an innovating class teacher, lead the early year’s team ensuring that the curriculum is exciting, challenging and meeting the needs of all our children.
- Believes each and every child and has high aspirations for their achievement
- Has the ability to make learning fun and engaging while ensuring all children are appropriately challenged.
- Is interested in the learning process and not afraid to try out new ideas and research
- Loves supporting and inspiring staff and children
- Makes learning fun and engaging whilst ensuring that all children are appropriately challenged
- Is prepared to go the extra mile with a smile on their face
We can offer you:
- Wonderful, happy children who are keen to soak up their learning.
- Access to significant professional development with an opportunity to move into senior leadership if you desire.
- A committed and dedicated team who support each other in an open and friendly environment.
- An opportunity to work for a primary only, forward thinking and supportive trust who put the children at the heart of everything we do.
- Incredible opportunities with exceptional continuing professional development at every stage of your career.
- Opportunities for career progression both within your own school and across the partnership.
- A partnership of schools that prioritise wellbeing and work load of staff.
- A strong package of incentives for all employees and a genuine sense of team work across all schools and across the partnership with a determination to have fun.
- You will receive dedicated leadership time and the opportunity to work alongside other members of our senior leadership team with numerous opportunities for further training.
- You will be well supported in this role by a caring, committed and hardworking staff and a supportive team of governors.
Have a look at our school website and class pages/blogs: http://www.bilsthorpeflyinghighacademy.co.uk
Our school Twitter account: @BilsthorpeFha
Our school Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/BilsthorpeFlyingHighAcademy
We are committed to the development of community cohesion and the prevention of extremism and radicalisation.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and actively encouraged.
Application packs and information are available from:
Any questions please contact email@example.com
Closing date: 1 October 2019
Interviews will be held 8 October 2019
Bilsthorpe Flying High Academy is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children. All staff and volunteers are expected to share in that commitment. The post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosures. Governors welcome applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
This vacancy is closed to applications.