Teacher Year 6
The successful applicant will be taking over an established Year 6 class, leading them through a busy and exciting term and a half as they complete their primary school journey. You will then have the crucial role of starting a class in September until February 2021.
Our most recent Ofsted report stated “…..You demonstrate an unequivocal commitment to the progress of and care for every pupil….” OFSTED Sept 16
We are looking for an excellent classroom teacher who exhibits the following qualities (which are key elements in the person specification):
- Professional, a team player
- Enthusiastic and creative
- Hard working and flexible
- Striving to be their best
- Drive and initiative
- Good self-management and organisation skills
- A teacher able to effectively take on an established class
“The culture, ethos and values of the school are strong and permeate your daily work. The impact of that work is apparent in the pupils’ positive attitudes to the school, to learning and to life in general. The pupils imbibe the Jesse Gray values through formal teaching and assemblies that teach them about things such as respect. They gain from the consistently respectful manner in which the staff treat them and the high level of care that you and the staff demonstrate for them.” OFSTED Sept 16.
Our teachers benefit from tailored support, targeted professional development opportunities and the chance to work in a friendly and collaborative learning community.
We will provide:
- A friendly and experienced staff
- Enthusiastic and motivated children
- A supportive induction process
- 10% PPA
- One non-contact day per year for report writing
- Additional task-specific non-contact time
- Selected CPD and networking through Minster Teaching School Alliance and Rushcliffe School Alliance
Application packs are available electronically from the school office – please e-mail: email@example.com. Please email or telephone the school office on 0115 9748002. If you want to know more about us, have a look at our website: www.jessegray.notts.sch.uk
There will be an opportunity to visit the school for a tour on Friday the 8th of November at 13.30, please contact the school office if you would like to have a look at the school in action.
The closing date for application is 12 noon Monday 11th November
Shortlisting is Thursday 15th November, with interviews to be held on Wednesday 20th November 2019
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.