Company Secretary and Clerk to the Board of Trustees
The Diverse Academies is a multi-academy trust based in the East Midlands, providing education from primary through to post-16, driven by a passionate belief in giving children and young people the very best chance in life to progress and develop.
We are seeking a highly organised and motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills to ensure that the business of the Trust Board is conducted smoothly and efficiently and to be the advisor to the Board on procedural matters in order to secure the Trust’s compliance with all statutory and legal requirements. You will be expected to conduct associated administrative duties on behalf of the Trust and liaise with external organisations and community partners as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Have high levels of integrity to maintain confidentiality of information and demonstrate impartiality
- Have the ability to deal effectively with a wide range of people in a courteous, helpful, confident but assertive manner and able to exercise high levels of tact and diplomacy
- Be able to plan and organise workload to meet organisational priorities and deadlines and to facilitate the progression of important events and issues
- Be confident guiding the Board of Trustees on their responsibilities under the rules and regulations to which they are subject to and on how those responsibilities should be discharged
If you have substantial experience providing secretarial and administrative support at a senior level, are driven to support young people and want to join a supportive, committed and collaborative team we offer:
- Full support and induction
- Excellent CPD opportunities
- Salary sacrifice schemes
- A strong caring ethos
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Networking opportunities across the Diverse Academies
The role will work across the whole of the trust, with the successful candidate required to be flexible and able to travel between locations to carry out their duties. Flexible working arrangements will be considered.
Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should we identify an appropriate candidate.
The Diverse Academies and its Governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in their care and expects everybody working for the organisation to share this commitment. To this end we actively seek DBS enhanced clearance check for everybody that is employed by us.
If you have any questions or would like more information about this role, please contact Alison Elway, Company Secretary and Head of Governance - email@example.com
Closing date: 15 November 2019