School Child and Family Support Worker
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic and suitably qualified person to support the pupils and families of Python Hill Academy, as a family support worker for 32.5 hours per week.
General duties and responsibilities:
- Being a Key member of the Safeguarding Team.
- To identify and work with vulnerable pupils to overcome their barriers to learning.
- To respond appropriately to complex and difficult situations including safeguarding issues.
- To work with other school professionals to promote the inclusion and achievement of all pupils within the school
- To promote pupil’s well‐being at school, assist with early identification and intervention strategies and to signpost families to relevant external services and provision to help well‐being.
- To be a key proactive link between the home and school and facilitate communication.
- To lead the pastoral work in school.
- To work with families who have children who are at risk or vulnerable: to establish links and constructive relationships to ensure that communication is maintained and developed.
- To work with other lead professionals within the safeguarding team to ensure that the appropriate procedures are followed in accordance with `Keeping Children Safe in Education` legislation.
- To keep abreast of the relevant legislation particularly with regards to safeguarding.
- To develop constructive and professional relationships with external agencies including the multi‐agency teams, police, health and social services.
- To ensure that all intervention strategies are shared with pastoral and teaching staff as necessary and appropriate recording procedures are followed and updated regularly.
- To attend RCPC, TAF and Core group meetings.
Due to this post having access to children, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Disclosure and Barring Service check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided.
To apply please contact the academy via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 01623 464164
Closing Date: 12 noon, Friday 22 November 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 27 November 2019