The successful candidate will be on a fixed term contract with potential to move to permanency if mutually agreeable at the end of the year (NQTs welcome).
Do you have a passion for working in EYFS? Are you a great team player with the best interests of children in the Early Years at heart? The Governors at Lovers' Lane Primary School wish to appoint a dynamic teacher for our Foundation Unit this coming January who…
- Is a fabulous, reflective classroom practitioner.
- Has great ideas for fun, effective learning outdoors.
- Is dynamic and creative.
- Keeps up to date with latest developments in EYFS best practice.
- Understands the value of an objective led approach to planning, teaching and assessment.
- Has a talent for bringing learning alive and is successful in securing children's excitement about their learning.
- Has a proven track record of accelerated progress and attainment outcomes in Early Years teaching.
- Has a good knowledge of high quality phonics (especially Read Write Inc) and child development.
- Shows a commitment to creating and participating in a strong community where everyone feels valued, safe, able to achieve their potential and where diversity is celebrated, and everyone has a voice.
- Has very high expectations about what children can achieve and the subject knowledge to enable children meet their potential.
- Has the ability to promote a classroom ethos that supports children in developing effective inter-personal skills, independence and confidence to take a risk in developing their learning.
- Will demonstrate our school values in all you do.
- Shows resilience and has a proven track record of behaviour management, underpinned by a high expectation and a nurturing approach.
- A proactive team player, who can use their initiative and who makes things happen.
- Is willing to go the extra mile for our children!
If you like a challenge, like to take risks with your teaching and are willing to take children to exciting places in their learning, like support and encouragement and are keen to continue your professional development, we want to meet you.
We can offer you:
- Fantastic children, who are keen to learn and are a pleasure to work with.
- Strong systems for planning and assessment.
- A commitment to CPD and providing the best provision possible for our children.
- A brilliant space to work in both in the classroom area and outside.
- Chance to be part of developing our outdoor area further.
- A welcoming, friendly and supportive staff.
- Strong leadership of teaching and learning.
- Well-behaved children who love inspirational teaching.
- Exceptional levels of teamwork.
- An established coaching culture where everyone works together to improve children’s’ opportunities and staff skills and confidence.
- A strong sense of community and belonging where everyone is valued.
- Strong working partnerships with Together for Newark, local EYFS hubs, local Children’s Centre’s, Language Networks and a very strong area group for SEN-D provision and sharing between local primaries and settings.
- Excellent wider CPD opportunities through our links with local hubs and our membership of the Flying High Teaching School Alliance.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of something special. We are a good school with a strong aspiration to ensure all our children get the best education possible. Lovers’ Lane has a very strong family feel and an ethos which centres around our TEAM SWAN values to Show Respect, Work Together, Aspire and Nurture. Our forward-looking outlook affords teachers the chance to be creative, collaborative and develop the skills, passions and attributes of all children. We are building a great team of people who are innovative, practical and determined to deliver for our children.
We want all our teachers to teach excellent and innovative lessons consistently and be able to coach others to do the same. Successful candidates will be excited at working collaboratively across disciplines to deliver rich learning experiences and be keen to develop different pedagogies.
Prospective applicant visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school to arrange these or to request an application pack by emailing email@example.com
Closing date: 12pm, Thursday 28 November 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 4 December 2019
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.