Could you belong within our hard working and professional team?
Will you aim high with us in our mission to raise attainment and deliver an outstanding educational experience?
Will you succeed with the challenge, encouragement and support we will offer you?
Responsibilities would include:
- Assisting with the security of the premises together with its contents
- Attending to the heating of the premises and ensuring that the required temperatures are maintained. Ensure that the boiler, plant equipment, and heater cabinets are cleaned and maintained, and faults are reported
- Attend to the heating of the premises at weekends during the approved winter period when necessary and required
- Cleaning of designated areas
- Carrying out porterage duties as and when required
- Carry out minor repairs or works
- Ensure that all exterior hard surfaces including artificial/turfed areas are kept clean, including: emptying litter baskets, cleaning of drains & gulleys, salting and de-icing of hard surface areas during the winter months and moving of snow to ensure access to the premises
- Giving adequate supervision and directive advice to cleaning staff where applicable
- Available to attend to the requirements of the hirers of the premises for the purpose of evening and weekend lettings
- In cases of emergency outside the working week e.g. intruders, fire, floods, etc. be required to attend for such as required
- Ensuring the cleaning of internal glass and windows
- Setting out furniture
- The successful candidate will also be required to be a key holder
Visits are warmly welcomed; please contact the school office to arrange an appointment.
For an application pack, or to arrange a visit, please contact the school office on 01623 477211 or via email email@example.com
Closing date: 9am, Friday 13 December 2019
Shortlisting: Friday 13 December 2019
Interview: Monday 16 December 2019
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.