The Governors of Morven Park Primary School are looking to appoint an Administrative Assistant to work in partnership with the Head Teacher and Office Manager. We have an exciting opportunity for a highly organised, enthusiastic team player and proactive Administration Assistant to join our team.
The successful candidate will have both finance and administration experience and be able to work effectively in a busy school office. You will need to be flexible in your approach to duties, be able to prioritise well and demonstrate good attention to detail.
Your new job will involve a varied range of administrative and financial support to the whole school. You will need to develop basic systems and processes to meet operational needs to ensure the high quality of information created or held is GDPR compliant.
Reporting to the Office Manager you will be responsible for:
- Providing advice and support to our pupils, parents and staff via various methods of communication such as telephone, e-mail and face to face.Therefore previous customer service experience would be advantageous.
- The organisation of events and educational trips including arranging transport, marketing and communicating as required to relevant people, compiling and overseeing financial matters.
- General day-to-day administration tasks and reception duties.
- Ensuring daily registers are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Being familiar on MS Office you must be able to create, manage and manipulate business information relating to pupils or finance data and be able to create bespoke reports efficiently whilst interpreting the results.
- You will undertake a range of financial management processes including processing orders, resolving issues, receiving orders, reconciling accounts and handling cash.
- Operate the schools financial procedures in accordance with statutory guidelines, financial regulations and school and education department policy and practice
In summary, we are looking for someone who:
- Can demonstration strong administration, finance and customer service skill
- is creative and has a can-do attitude
- has a friendly and professional manner with excellent communication skills
- is prepared to go the extra mile with a smile
- will establish and develop positive relationships throughout the school
- is highly organised and methodical with good attention to detail
- is experienced in office administration/customer service
- is flexible, dedicated and trustworthy
- is self-motivated, driven, and committed to providing a high level of service
- has excellent I.T. skills and able to produce formal documents
If you fit the above criteria and are interested in applying for this post, we would welcome your application. Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by appointment.
Application forms and further details are available to download from the school website www.morvenpark.co.uk
Closing Date: Monday 27th January 2020
Interview Date: Wednesday 29th January 2020
You will be expected to safeguard the welfare of children with whom you come into contact with during the course of your duties and responsibilities. The post holder will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.