Temporary Care Assistant
Sutton Road Primary School and Nursery are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, caring, motivated and highly committed Care Assistant to join us in working alongside a professional, supportive and hard-working school and collaboration team.
The successful applicant will need to be an excellent team player who is able to demonstrate good communication skills and flexibility in supporting our pupils, staff and parents. Experience of working within a health, care or SEN setting would be desirable, however, full training will be provided for the right candidate.
We are looking for:
- Someone who is patient and caring, and willing to work as part of a team with parents and other practitioners.
- Someone who will assist pupils in personal care, including gastrostomy feeding, during the school day, and provide practical support with:
- Eating and drinking
- Personal hygiene
- Toileting and continence training
- Someone who is able to follow instructions but also work by using their own initiative.
- Someone who has some understanding of child development.
- Someone who will share responsibility for key children and be responsible for their care.
In return we offer you:
- Training and development that will support you in the role.
- A hard-working and extremely supportive team of staff at Sutton Road Primary School who are very friendly and caring about all they do.
- Opportunities to be part of a formal collaboration which will help broaden your experiences.
An application pack with further details about this post are available from Tracy Mullaney by telephone on 01623 455920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am on Monday 30th March 2020
Interview Date: Thursday 2nd April 2020
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be taken up before interview and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
This vacancy is closed to applications.