Resilient, resourceful, caring, flexible teachers are invited to apply for the post of class teacher in our friendly school. Our children are kind, happy learners and the staff and governors are experienced and supportive. Teaching is hard work! We are looking for a strong, capable candidate who is able to meet the everyday challenges of teaching and who will strive for the best education for each child. You will be responsible for the teaching and learning of a mixed class of 30 year 1/year 2 children. You be part of the key stage 1 team, where there are 2 other mixed classes, taught by experienced and supportive teachers.
The successful candidate will:
- be caring
- be resilient and hard working
- be able to meet the needs of all learners in a mixed age class
- be able to plan and teach an exciting progressive curriculum
- be an excellent practitioner with a commitment to high standards and progress for all children
- be able to enthuse and motivate all learners
- be a strong team member with good communication skills
- be well organised
- have a willingness to participate in the wider life of the school
- understand the importance of transition from fs2 to year 1
- (depending on experience) be able to lead at least one curriculum area.
We can offer:
- a very supportive team of staff and governors
- enthusiastic, happy and well-behaved children who enjoy coming to school
- a positive and enthusiastic working environment
- a commitment to working with and within our local community
- a supportive induction package and ongoing cpd.
Visits to the school are welcomed by appointment with the Headteacher.
Application packs are available electronically from the school office. The email address is email@example.com. If you would like to visit the school please ring on 0115 8476787 to speak to Mrs Parr and make an appointment. Please note that school will be closed for the Easter Holidays from 3rd April to 20th April 2020.
Closing Date: 12 noon Friday 24th April.
Interview Date: W/C 4th May.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.