The head teacher and governors of Abbey Hill Primary and Nursery School wish to appoint an enthusiastic teacher to join our friendly, forward thinking school team. The successful candidate will work closely with the whole Early Years staff team.
We are looking for a well-motivated Early Years practitioner who:
- Is committed to the highest standards in the classroom and has a strongly held belief that all children can achieve
- Has a good or developing knowledge of what constitutes best practice in Foundation Stage, including the teaching of phonics
- Can provide children with a stimulating, safe and happy learning environment
- Has high expectations for children’s behaviour and can build strong relationships which support children’s well-being, engagement and personal growth
- Is committed to improving children’s speech and language skills and developing high quality provision for children with additional needs
- Is reflective about their own teaching and has high expectations of themselves
- Works well as a team and can make good relationships with colleagues and parents
If you would like the challenge of working in a sometimes demanding yet always rewarding environment then we would like to hear from you.
Please contact the school office for an application form on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01623 484512 to arrange an appointment with the head teacher, Ms Helen Chambers, who will be pleased to tell you more about the school and the post. Visits to the school may be possible but are dependent on COVID-19 restrictions.
Closing Date: Noon Wednesday 3rd June 2020
Interview Date: Friday 12th June 2020, dependent on national circumstances
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.