Required from September 2020
The Governors of Ravenshead C of E Primary are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to provide 1:1 support for an identified pupil, this post will be considered part time or fill time.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of supporting pupils with special educational needs
- Has a passion to work with children on a 1:1 basis and see them flourish
- Can build purposeful relationships with both the child and their parents
- Has high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
- Can provide a stimulating, safe and happy learning environment
- Has an understanding of both the EYFS and Key Stage 1 curriculum
- Can work alongside our SENCO and outside agencies to deliver specific programmes of work
- Has a knowledge of using BSquared and PIVATs to measure progress
- Has knowledge of visual timetables – signs and symbols
- Has very good literacy and numeracy skills
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, a growth mindset, a good sense of humour and enjoys being part of a friendly and supportive team
- Is enthusiastic, caring and hard working
- Can maintain confidentiality
- Is willing to make a wider contribution to the life of the school
In return we can offer you
- Happy, hard-working and motivated children who enjoy learning
- A welcoming, inclusive school community
- Supportive and caring colleagues
- Commitment to your continued professional development
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 we are unable to accept visits to the school.
Application forms and further details are available from the school website or by e-mailing our School Business Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 10th June midday
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.