Required from September 2020
The Governors of Ravenshead C of E Primary are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to provide 1:1 support for an identified pupil, this post will be considered part time or fill time.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of supporting pupils with special educational needs
- Has a passion to work with children on a 1:1 basis and see them flourish
- Can build purposeful relationships with both the child and their parents
- Has high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
- Can provide a stimulating, safe and happy learning environment
- Has an understanding of both the EYFS and Key Stage 1 curriculum
- Can work alongside our SENCO and outside agencies to deliver specific programmes of work
- Has a knowledge of using BSquared and PIVATs to measure progress
- Has knowledge of visual timetables – signs and symbols
- Has very good literacy and numeracy skills
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, a growth mindset, a good sense of humour and enjoys being part of a friendly and supportive team
- Is enthusiastic, caring and hard working
- Can maintain confidentiality
- Is willing to make a wider contribution to the life of the school
In return we can offer you
- Happy, hard-working and motivated children who enjoy learning
- A welcoming, inclusive school community
- Supportive and caring colleagues
- Commitment to your continued professional development
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 we are unable to accept visits to the school.
Application forms and further details are available from the school website or by e-mailing our School Business Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 10th June midday
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.