Personal Care/ Learning Support Assistant
The post will commence on 1st September 2020.
Chetwynd Primary Academy was inspected under the New Framework in October 2019. We were delighted to be recognised as Outstanding in all areas.
Our latest progress measures show that we are amongst the top 3 per cent of primary schools across the country.
We are passionate about our school, our ethos and providing our children with an excellent education and enriching experiences to promote a love of learning. We strive to provide the very highest standards of education within a caring, exciting and stimulating environment. Our children are excited by our knowledge-based curriculum and challenged to achieve their full potential.
We invite applications for the role of specialised Personal Care / Learning Support Assistant to support a named child with additional needs in Foundation Stage 2.
The post is temporary as funding for the role is attached to a specific child. The role may cease pending a review of the child’s needs or the child’s departure from school, if earlier.
You will need to have experience of working 1:1 with children with complex communication difficulties and providing personal care duties. You will need to be caring and sensitive to the needs of the child as well as flexible and confident to deal with challenging behaviour and have knowledge of first aid. You will be expected to support the child for a range of activities and work as part of a close-knit team. Induction, training and support are available for the successful candidate.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Experienced in working with children with SEN on a 1 to 1 basis, particularly those with communication / personal care needs
- passionate about children’s learning and wellbeing
- an inspirational, dedicated and highly effective learning support assistant, committed to raising standards
- highly motivated and able to work as part of a team
- committed to working in partnership with governors and parents
For this post, we can offer you:
- happy, enthusiastic and friendly children who love to learn
- a caring, hardworking and dedicated staff team
- supportive parents and governors
- a commitment to CPD
- a welcoming atmosphere where everyone is valued
For more details about our wonderful school please take a look at our website www.chetwyndprimaryacademy.co.uk and our Twitter feed @ChetwyndPrimary
Applicants would be expected to share the Trust’s high aspirations and expectations for pupils. If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please contact Gaynor Moore 0115 9177353
Applications for these posts must be submitted on our online application form, which can be found at http://www.satrust.com/vacancies
Closing Date: 8am Monday 13th July 2020
Interview date: Friday 17th July 2020
This vacancy is closed to applications.