Responsible to: Deputy Headteacher
- To develop and deliver programmes and strategies to support learners in disadvantaged groups and with challenging behaviours and SEBD.
- To support children and their families attending the school to overcome barriers to success and increase engagement in education.
- To support individual children and their families address issues to enable them to engage fully and maximise opportunities for personal development and educational achievement.
- To deliver literacy and numeracy programmes which meet the needs of children with gaps in learning.
- To increase rates of attendance for a designated family group and undertake relevant procedures in line with policy.
- To evaluate attendance and lead on the attendance programme to inform actions in liaison with DHT.
- To coordinate transition back into mainstream lessons following targeted bespoke learning programmes
- To cover for absent staff as required
- To maintain good working relationships with all agencies and individuals involved in the delivery of services and the early identification of need.
- To establish effective and empowering relationships with parents/carers.
- To adhere to appropriate confidentiality and information sharing protocols and legislation with regards to sensitive data between families, staff and other relevant agencies.
- To provide information and signpost parents/carers as appropriate.
Teaching and Learning:
- Plan and deliver programmes to pupils in order to raise levels of achievement
- Monitor pupil progress as appropriate and report to relevant professional.
- Provide support for individual pupils and groups of children to enable them to participate fully in activities
- Support disadvantaged pupils and help to develop their personal and social skills through planning and delivering programmes.
- To lead on planning, delivery and monitoring progress of SEBD modification and targeted intervention programmes
For an application pack please contact Suzanne Bye by email at email@example.com .
Closing date: 30th September 2020.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.