Design and Technology Technician
Nottingham University Samworth Academy wishes to appoint a talented and enthusiastic Design and Technology Technician to join our growing and developing team. The ability to bring concepts to life, as well as a desire to make a difference are essential.
- Positive attitude to continuous improvement
- Leading by example
- Effective communication skills
- A willingness to embrace change
- Excellent organisational skills
- To support the work of the Design and Technology department primarily by ensuring that the resource and materials requirements of the department are effectively met
- Prepare and weigh/cut materials, equipment and resources for lessons
- Ensuring that the department rooms are kept tidy, clean and well maintained after lessons
- Keeping the food area clean, ensuring surfaces, cupboards, fridges and equipment are regularly disinfected and the kitchen equipment is clean and well maintained
- To organise any repair and maintenance of equipment, including tool sharpening ensuring all equipment is maintained in a good working order
- Administrative tasks e.g. raising purchase orders, photocopying and laminating
- To prepare departmental resources where it is appropriate and cost-effective to do so.
- In liaison with the curriculum leader for Design and Technology to undertake the necessary ordering of items of stock, checking deliveries and ensuring suitable storage and stock.
- To undertake routine maintenance of all equipment and to maintain all equipment and utensils in good working condition.
- To provide technical support during practical lessons, to both staff and students (including individual or small group pupil support) as appropriate.
- To have particular regard to health and safety matters in accordance with school policy and statutory requirements, updating the trust portal as required.
- To check and empty extraction systems on a regular basis
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual task undertaken may not be identified. Staff will be expected to comply with any reasonable request from a manager to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in the job description.
This job description will be reviewed annually and the head of school reserves the right to alter the content of the job description, after consultation with the post-holder, to reflect changes to the job or services provided, without altering the general character or level of responsibility.
For more information and to apply please see the Vacancies page on the school website www.nusa.org.uk.
Closing date: 30th November 2020 at 9am
This vacancy is closed to applications.