Early Years Lead
At Alderman Pounder we are dedicated to providing the best quality education in a nurturing and caring environment. Our school is on a journey and we looking for someone who is dynamic, enthusiastic, positive and passionate to join our team.
We are seeking an amazing Early Years Lead who is an inspirational, innovative, resilient, and motivated leader. The successful candidate will be a team player with strong interpersonal and organisational skills, who leads by example. We celebrate creativity and so you will be a forward-thinking teacher in your approach to teaching and learning who expects and maintains the highest standards of pupil achievement. We love to have fun, and particularly love to dress up for special events and whole school (or class based) occasions. Imagination is key in the early years, and so given the resources found in our mud kitchen, you can inspire children to prepare a banquet fit for royalty, or serve the entire crew of a space ship on a journey to Mars! You can turn a simple walk around our school site into a journey into far off lands, where children will discover strange, new creatures, and where every child is an explorer who is eager to learn!
This is a fantastic opportunity to start your leadership journey with a nurturing and supportive senior leadership team who will offer mentoring, coaching and access to further leadership development through NPQs. As we are part of the Flying High Partnership, you will have access to EYFS networks and the expertise of the Lead Teachers for EYFS for mentoring and support. Thus, allowing you to ensure the early years phase goes from strength to strength ensuring the very best outcomes for our children.
We are looking for someone who:
• values all children; has high expectations and a commitment to the development of the whole child
• relates well to pupils, staff and parents and cares about their individual needs
• adapts to changing circumstances and new ideas in a positive and creative manner
• has the ability to deal with sensitive issues in a professional manner
• has a tenacious approach, with an unshakeable drive to deliver great outcomes for all children
• is committed to professional development and has a determination to grow, develop and learn
• is flexible and willing to respond to new challenges
• has high standards of self and others
• has a good sense of humour
• has the ability to manage workload appropriately
• will uphold the Trust behaviours at all times
• is willing to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in
• has a deep understanding of Early Years
• can deliver an early years vision to ensure the best outcomes for our children
• can lead a team of staff
We will offer you:
• wonderful, happy children who are keen to soak up their learning
• access to significant professional development with an opportunity to move into middle leadership if you desire
• a committed and dedicated team who support each other in an open and friendly environment
• an opportunity to work for a primary only, forward thinking and supportive trust who put the children at the heart of everything we do
• incredible opportunities, with exceptional continuing professional development at every stage of your career
• opportunities for career progression, both within your own school and across the partnership
• a partnership of schools that prioritise wellbeing and workload of staff
• a strong package of incentives for all employees and a genuine sense of teamwork across all schools and across the partnership, with a determination to have fun
We strongly recommend that you visit the school prior to submitting your application. A socially distanced tour of the school and opportunity to ask any questions will be arranged. Please contact the office on 0115 9252928 to book a time.
Please also have a look at our school website and class pages:
• our school website: https://aldermanpounder.notts.sch.uk/
• our school twitter account: @aldermanpounder
How to apply: please send through your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 4pm on Wednesday 19 May 2021. Application form and other information packs can be downloaded at the bottom of this advert.
Closing date: 19th May 2021 16:00 Interview date: Friday 28 May 2021
Safeguarding and equal opportunities statement:
Alderman Pounder is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; therefore, all positions are offered subject to a safeguarding screening including an enhanced DBS disclosure and references confirming your suitability to work with children. We are committed to the development of community cohesion and the prevention of extremism and radicalisation.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applicants. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
This vacancy is closed to applications.