Teacher of Music (with whole school responsibility for musical enrichment)
Required for September 2023 (though an earlier start date is possible)
The National Academy ethos, ‘Life in all its fullness’, underlines our commitment to the education of the whole of the child, with the development of our students’ character and cultural capital as important as their academic progress. Accordingly, committed to the wellbeing of our students and staff alike, we pride ourselves on our duty of care to both. Working at The National Academy will be a vocation where our children are at the centre of all that we do and where we value and support all who walk through our gates.
Accordingly, we wish to appoint a teacher of music for September 2023. This is a permanent appointment and suitable for an experienced or newly-qualified teacher. The successful candidate will have a strong working knowledge of BTEC, GCSE and GCE music and be able to deliver lessons across KS3 – 4.
The successful applicant will work in the Physical and Creative Education faculty, which is a successful, popular and forward-thinking faculty.
Alongside their work as a classroom practitioner, the successful candidate will have responsibility for the co-ordination of music at various academy events in and out of school throughout the year.
If appointed, the applicant will benefit from the following:
- Full support and induction;
- Excellent CPD opportunities;
- Leadership openings if appropriate;
- A strong and caring ethos among staff and students;
- Excellent purpose-built post 16 facilities;
- Strong leadership at senior and middle levels;
- A well-being package with the academy signed up to the DfE Education Staff Wellbeing Charter;
- Networking opportunities across the MITRE trust.
Applicants should apply via the TES website www.tes.com and follow the guidance notes provided. If you require further information, please contact the head of faculty Ms M Hall at email@example.com
Closing date for applications: midday on 2nd December 2022
Interviews will be held: w/c 5th December 2022
Minster Trust for Education is a multi-academy trust of 7 primary and secondary schools which has at its core a collaborative model of leadership and a belief in sharing expertise while unerringly pursuing the best education for its pupils. Together we help every child to flourish, opening doors to fulfilling futures.
The Trust is founded on 5 key principles that apply to pupils, students and employees alike. They are:
- Integrity - we do the right thing
- Wisdom - we think deeply
- Kindness - we care about each other
- Collaboration - we are better together
- Service - we pursue the greater good.
- We seek to employ people who not only demonstrate these values but are also invested in our mission and truly wish to make a difference through their contribution, whatever the specific role.
The Minster Trust for Education is committed to safeguarding children and the promotion of equal opportunities for staff and students. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check and complete a KCSIE Declaration.
This vacancy is closed to applications.