You’ll work directly with an individual to help them with various aspects of their daily life, to help them live as independently as possible.
You’ll be employed directly by an individual who’s managing and paying for their own care through a social care direct payment or personal budget. Personal Assistants usually support individuals in their own home or to go out in the community.
You can be employed directly by one employer or work for a number of different people, you will not be employed by Nottinghamshire County Council.
Your role could include the following tasks
- Personal care, such as helping someone get washed and dressed.
- organising and supporting individuals (at times using own transport where required) with their social and physical activities
- booking and going with individuals to appointments (including health and social care appointments.)
- helping individuals to get to work, college or university
- cleaning or housework
- shopping (including on an Individuals behalf)
- preparing and cooking meals
- health related tasks (where a person has a health contribution towards their care)
- support around managing a person’s finances
- helping someone to get involved in the local community
- Any other tasks as deemed appropriate to aid independent living.
To apply for current vacancies please click here
If you would like further information regarding the role of a Personal Assistant please email DPEnquiries@nottscc.gov.uk
This vacancy is closed to applications.