Number on Roll: 176 January 2019
Sir John Sherbrooke Junior School Governing Body in partnership with The Board of Trustees of The Aspire Multi-Academy Trust, are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, ambitious and inspirational Headteacher of the highest calibre and experience to lead this distinctive school. This inclusive school is value driven through its clear, child-centred ‘Beyond Expectation – Take Care’ ethos. Its ethos also drives and defines the Aspire Multi-Academy Trust which comprises a small, but growing number of primary schools (both non-Church and Church) which together in partnership work to embrace and shape the future of the education and personal development of all our children.
The governors are seeking to appoint a new Headteacher to commence 1st September 2019 to replace the current incumbent who has secured another role.
The school was last inspected by Ofsted in May 2013 and was judged to be "Good". The full report can be found on the Ofsted website.
We are looking for a senior leader of outstanding ability, vision and potential who would welcome the opportunity to prove themselves in the context of this exceptional school, and who also wishes to contribute to the ongoing development of a primary Multi-Academy Trust and the broader leadership, learning and experience this offers. In this context, the successful candidate will get not just relevant continued professional development, but also the chance to work with several other highly capable and motivated senior leaders both within Sir John Sherbrooke and throughout Aspire. Whilst being an integral part of the MAT, a crucial part of the overall ethos is for individual academies to have a high degree of autonomy in relation to governance and operational issues.
The person we are looking for will have:
- High expectations of what children can achieve and a proven track record both as a teacher and a leader
- A clear vision of the strategies needed to bring about the improvements required and ensure that SJS is again judged a "good school" when next inspected and aspire to take the school to "outstanding" level
- The ability to lead and inspire staff and pupils to work towards those improvements
- A commitment to ensuring that the personal development of every child is the school’s core purpose which is reflected in its curriculum and provision
- A strong commitment to leading by working in partnership with pupils, staff, parents and governors.
- The ability to communicate effectively and sensitively with all members of our school community and maintain and advance the reputation of the school locally.
The school offers:
- A skilled committed and enthusiastic staff team
- A fully supportive governing body (One way in which we can demonstrate this support is through our willingness to agree appropriate Governing body meeting times to accommodate the successful candidate’s needs and facilitate a positive work/life balance for them.)
- An opportunity to build on your own professional strengths and develop as a leader
If you think you are of the right calibre to rise to the challenges and opportunities we can offer and would like further information about the school and the role, together with an application pack, please contact Elaine Singleton at the school office on 0115 965 2291 or email email@example.com The information pack and application form can also be downloaded from the school website at www.sirjohnsherbrooke.notts.sch.uk
We would welcome and recommend a visit to the school so please ask about arranging an appointment at a convenient time. Completed applications should be sent for the attention of the Chair of Governors, at the school address or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 12pm, 26th April 2019 . It is anticipated that interviews will be held on April 29th and 30th 2019
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
This vacancy is closed to applications.