Early Years Specialist – Teaching Assistant
Required from: As soon as possible after interview, w/c 29th April 2019.
Stanstead Nursery and Primary School are looking for a Teaching Assistant. Experience in the Foundation Stage is essential; the ability to work as part of a team to provide an inclusive environment; knowledge and understanding of child development; the ability to lead activities for groups of children; a good working knowledge of the EYFS curriculum and experience of supporting children with additional needs.
Candidates are required to have good literacy, numeracy and communication skills, be able to work effectively as part of a team under instruction, as well as having the ability to use their initiative and work independently.
Our ideal Early Years Teaching Assistant will have:
- Minimum of Cache 3 or degree level
- Excellent knowledge of phonics is crucial
- Good Literacy, numeracy and communication skills (A - C, GCSE Levels)
- Recent experience in a Reception/Early Years setting
- Good understanding of child development and play led learning
- Ability to create an inclusive environment
- Ability to use own initiative and work independently and as part of a team
In turn you will be offered:
- A supportive, hardworking and friendly team of staff and governors
- Children who are enthusiastic, friendly and well behaved
- Supportive parents and local community
- A vital role in the leadership of our school especially with the development of the curriculum.
- Continued professional development and excellent training opportunities
- Ongoing development through our unrivalled Flying High Trust Academy
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Visits to the school before the closing date, are warmly welcomed, by arrangement with the Business Manager on 0115 9156300 , or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note school breaks for Easter Friday 5th April, returning Tues 23rd April.
Please visit our web site: www.stansteadprimary.co.uk to download an application form (Key Information, Job Vacancies, Support Staff application form). Application forms should be e-mailed to the business manager at the above address.
Closing date: April 25th 2019 noon
Shortlisting : April 26th 2019
Interviews: Week of April 29rd 2019
You will be contacted by e mail/phone if we are calling you for interview.