We require a dynamic, skilled and highly motivated person to work within the Bassetlaw Older Adults Community Assessment Team. The Team is moving forward in the development of Zone working to facilitate the alignment with of integrated working across Community Health and Social Care Staff working in Bassetlaw. Qualified Social Workers have a key role in ensuring that: A) the departments' business objectives covering the community-based health partnership initiatives are met; and B) statutory and policy requirements are adhered to.
You will be expected to:
- Have a minimum of 2 years Band B Social Worker experience (including being registered with HCPC).
- Be able to work on your own initiative and offer support to your team colleagues within the service and Bassetlaw locality.
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge in the assessment of risk and mental capacity in relation to older people whilst promoting independence, self-determination and choice.
- Have a positive focus on facilitating complex multi-agency partnership working relationships.
- Have the ability to be proactive, resilient and effective in supporting ongoing change within the delivery of care services across the full spectrum of Adult Social Care.
- Have effective communication, organisational and IT skills which are essential.
- Manage a complex caseload, including Safeguarding Adults, Mental Capacity and Best Interest decisions work
If you have any questions, please contact the following Team Managers: Ros Green on 0115 8041365; Robert Smith on 8041423; Julie Hallam on 0115 8041425.
Disabled applicants who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview. A job share scheme is available for all full time posts: both permanent and temporary, unless otherwise stated. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.