Assistant Contracts Officer
The Highways Contract Management Team oversees the County Council’s core contracts for the delivery of its highway’s works and services, the most significant of which is the Highway Term Service contract with Via East Midlands Ltd.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing administrative and financial support to the Contract Management service and the Group Manager Highways and Transport
This role will include:
- Booking venues, issuing invitations and papers and taking minutes for meetings of the various Boards and Sub-groups which govern the delivery of the County Council’s highway works and services.
- Providing administrative assistance for the Group Manager Highways and Transport.
- Assisting in the manipulation/interrogation of performance data and financial information.
- Undertaking – under supervision - financial and contractual processes such as the production of Task Orders, Purchase Orders, arranging for Invoices to be paid, issuing Credit Notes and responding to queries from suppliers.
- Accompanying other team members on site visits to inspect the delivery of highway works and services.
- Maintaining records and archiving data.
You will need to be committed to collaborative working and establishing working relationships with other teams and organisations.
Disabled applicants who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview. A job share scheme is available for all full time posts: both permanent and temporary, unless otherwise stated. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.