Customer Service Advisor Level 2
The Customer Service Centre is the first point of contact for ASCH and we’re recruiting to Social Care Advisor posts. You will be part of a dedicated team of advisors, taking inbound calls, gathering and recording information, offering advice and guidance and ensuring that people are effectively connected to the right support for them.
You will be required to work between 8am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday (shift/rota). Job share requests will be considered
Applicants will need to have a minimum of 12 months service with Nottinghamshire County Council.
What you'll be doing:
- Taking calls from residents and customers in a professional and efficient manner
- Ensuring that all calls are answered, and information logged accurately in accordance with our procedures and policies
- Assimilating complex information from a variety of sources and making decisions
- Managing customer’s expectations
- Showing resilience whilst dealing with emotive subjects
What we are looking for:
- Proven computer literacy including keyboard skills and ability to use a variety of software
- Well-developed listening and information gathering skills
- Excellent and proven customer service skills
- Ability to communicate with a variety of customers over the telephone
- Team player
- Decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task
- High level of attention to detail
This will be a demanding role and you will be a dynamic individual who is able to hit the ground running and a desire to improve the lives and well-being of the people in Nottinghamshire will be a driving force in your application.
For an informal chat or for additional information, please contact either Gillian Williams or Susan Collins via Lync.
Disabled applicants who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview. A job share scheme is available for all full time posts: both permanent and temporary, unless otherwise stated. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.