Social Work Practice Consultant - Court Team
Recently rated as Good by OFSTED, Nottinghamshire County Council’s Children’s Services are currently recruiting to a range of social work roles across the county.
OFSTED noted that “morale amongst social workers in Nottinghamshire is high” and this is a testament to the package that we offer, which includes:
- Manageable caseload
- Regular and effective supervision with experienced managers
- Mobile working
- Good levels of business and social work support officer support
- A comprehensive range of CPD options, including links to local Universities
- Experienced team of social workers
- Leadership Development & Aspirant Managers Programme
- Up to £5,000 relocation package
- Excellent employee benefits
- Additional payment available over a 3 year period subject to service qualification
This post would suit an experienced social worker who has skill in undertaking a range of assessments to inform care planning for children .You will have knowledge of legislation and be experienced at compiling and completing statutory documentation and presenting issues to a formal hearing.
The team are responsible for undertaking all assessments and progressing plans once care proceedings are issued. They also report to court in relation to special guardianship and private applications where Section7 and 37 reports are ordered.
Social workers in the team act as practice consultants and are expected to provide consultation and co work with other teams .They are also practice educators and provide mentoring for newly qualified members of staff.
Disabled applicants who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview. A job share scheme is available for all full time posts: both permanent and temporary, unless otherwise stated. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.