Attendance Officer / Admin Assistant
The Governing Body are looking to appoint with immediate effect as an Attendance Officer /Administration Assistant at Priestsic Primary and Nursery School. The successful candidate will work 3 days per week on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
2 days per week the focus will be on attendance duties, to include:
- Advise and assist parents/carers to maintain regular school attendance of their children;
- Communicate clearly to parents/carers the attendance procedures and expectations of the school;
- Collect and analyse attendance data to enable identification and tracking of pupil attendance;
- Monitor and ensure that correct attendance codes are entered on SIMS;
- Accurately minute meetings (and where relevant, telephone conversations) with parents/carers;
- Monitor and track whole school attendance and punctuality and to send out letters where appropriate;
- Produce termly reports for the Head teacher and Governing Body;
- Monitor and track the attendance of groups of pupils, particularly those designated as ‘disadvantaged’;
- Develop and maintain links with parents/children and the local authority’s Early Help Team;
- Schedule and attend school-based meetings with parents/carers as necessary.
- Carry out appropriate administrative/ secretarial duties as required by the Head teacher.
- The Attendance Officer / Administrative Assistant will work with the Head Teacher, other school staff, parents, pupils and outside agencies to ensure the positive attendance of pupils across the school.
Fridays will be working to defined standard business processes performing a wide and varied financial tasks and administration tasks.
Previous experience of working in a Primary School would be advantageous but ideally we are looking for someone with enthusiasm and commitment to join our Admin Team.
Application Forms are available by email from Mrs S Stringfellow, Office Manager, at email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 15th July 2019. Interviews to be held: Thursday 18th 2019
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.