Deputy Head Teacher
Required from 1st January 2020.
We are looking for a talented Deputy Head Teacher to join our team at the school.
We can offer the opportunity to work within an excellent school and enjoy…
- Friendly, supportive and welcoming staff, children and parents.
- A commitment to develop the post holder professionally towards headship.
- A forward-thinking school committed to extended care.
- An exciting curriculum which has an holistic approach to the teaching of children.
- A fantastic learning environment for children to learn and grow in.
We are looking for a Deputy Head Teacher who:
- Is inspirational and aspirational.
- Has a high expectation of themselves and others.
- Is creative a creative thinker.
- Is dedicated to supporting the school to break down barriers to learning.
- Has a sense of humour.
- Has outstanding leadership and management skills.
- Is an excellent teacher.
- Is committed to continual improvement for themselves, staff and children.
The post requires you to: -
- Teach pupils within the age range 3 to 7 for two days a week for leadership and management cover across the school. The remaining three days will be provided to fulfil the role of Deputy Head Teacher and SENDCo.
- Be the school SENDCo and carry out all duties related to the leadership and management of that position.
- Lead, manage and organise teaching assistants across the school.
- Be responsible for a curriculum area in school.
- Appraise members of the teaching staff.
- Be a lead member of the Senior Management Team.
Candidates are invited to support their application with a written letter of up to 1000 words detailing their potential approach to the position and outlining their knowledge and skills which qualifies them for the post.
Visits to the school are welcomed. Please contact the school office for further details either via telephone 0115 9144225 or e-mail email@example.com
Closing date: 9am, Friday 27 September 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 2 October (afternoon) and all-day Thursday 3 October 2019
Please assume your application has been unsuccessful if you have not had a response by 4pm Friday 27 September.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.