Are you a first rate administrator looking for a wonderful working environment with fantastic supportive colleagues? Then this just might be the job for you. We have a rare opportunity for someone to join our Holy Family administration team as Office Administrator. This role is required ASAP and would be working term time only +3 weeks and would report to the School Business Manager.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a suitably qualified and experienced person to be responsible for the effective running of our school office admin function. We want someone who is unflappable, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude and who possesses superb prioritisation skills. You should be proactive, able to work unsupervised and capable of finding solutions to day-to-day problems. Our school day starts at 8:15am so your start time each day would be 8:00am.
Whilst previous experience of working in a school office is desirable we are open to applications from those with transferable skills.
What skills and attributes MUST you possess?
- Independent thinker - able to use your own initiative to solve problems
- Expedience: able to complete tasks quickly and comprehensively
- To have an excellent general standard of literacy and numeracy
- Organisation: a forward planner
- Organisation: meticulous attention to detail
- Organisation: able to work to high levels of accuracy and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communicator: to deal courteously with parents, children, staff and visitors
- Computer literate to a high standard with proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Discretion: someone who can maintain confidentiality at all times
- Flexible and adaptable to meet the needs of the school
- Patient and understanding; able to stay calm in a crisis
- Personable; a people person with a good sense of humour
- Someone who enjoys being busy
What skills and attributes are Desirable?
- Experience of working on SIMS/ FMS
- Experience of working in education
- Finance or Accounting qualification (e.g. CSBM/ AAT)
What can we can offer you?
- A fun, warm, welcoming family environment with supportive colleagues
- A strong and inclusive Christian ethos
- Happy, well behaved and enthusiastic children who are eager to learn
- A well maintained building with the resources needed to operate effectively
- An innovative leadership team who are driven by simple, effective practice
- Opportunities for CPD and career development
- A supportive Governing body and school community
- To work with a variety of IT systems including SIMS, FMS, Word, Excel, Outlook, School Gateway
- To prepare and send out parent communications
- To liaise with the kitchen and manage the administration behind school dinners on a daily basis.
- To undertake a range of financial management processes including processing orders, basic budget monitoring, reconciling accounts and handling/reconciling cash
- To be responsible for the maintenance of the School Fund account with monthly reconciliation back to bank statements
- To create, manage and manipulate information relating finance, student or staffing information and this will include producing bespoke reports
- To perform a wide and varied range of administrative tasks of varying complexity, having due regard to confidentiality, safeguarding and data protection principles
- To develop basic systems and processes to meet operational needs and to ensure the high quality of information held
- To be responsible for the organisation of events, trips and excursions including booking venues, arranging transport, issuing invitations, compiling paperwork and overseeing financial matters
Visits to see our fabulous school are warmly welcomed. To book a visit please email our Business Manager with your preferred day and time email@example.com
Applicants must complete a Catholic Education Service (CES) application form. These are available from the school website www.holyfamilyworksop.co.uk/about-us/vacancies Please note that we DO NOT accept CVs. Please return your application form along with a short covering letter telling us why you want this job, to our Business Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 1st November 2019
Short Listing: Monday 4th November 2019
Interviews: Friday 8th November 2019
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.