Design and Technology Technician
Start date: As soon as possible
Queen Elizabeth’s Academy is looking to appoint a motivated individual to join our Design Technology Department as a Technician to support and complement the teaching and learning of our students. The role is part-time, working during term time only.
The purpose of the role will be to work under the direction of the Head of Department, to co-ordinate the use of practical resources and facilities and provide assistance and advice in meeting the practical needs of the Design and Technology curriculum. Key duties for the role are:
- To prepare materials and set up furniture, appliances and equipment for demonstrations and practical work within the workshop/classroom
- To be responsible for cleaning and clearing of tools, equipment and materials as used by teaching staff and pupils
Health & Safety
- To ensure the safe storage of and/or disposal of equipment, and materials in line with recognised procedures and contribute to the production of appropriate risk assessment
- To keep up to date with health and safety requirements and with developments in practical Design &Technology (attending courses and reading publications)
- To assist in supporting and advising students during lessons and demonstrations
- When required to assist teaching staff with practical demonstrations, lessons, and/or extra-curricular activities
- To assist in the operation of an efficient system for ordering, stocking, storing and distributing of items used in the department, including any associated record keeping
- To operate all relevant information and recording systems including cataloguing, filing and inventories, and legal records as they relate to health and safety and equipment/appliance testing
The ideal candidate will:
- Have knowledge of current health and safety legislation (a related certificate would be advantageous)
- be an excellent team player
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of students
- be committed to Queen Elizabeth’s Academy's ethos of high expectations
To apply for this vacancy please use the following link http://dalp.careers.eteach.com/o/design-technology-technician-mansfield
Early applications are encouraged. We reserve the right to interview and appoint prior to the closing date of the advertisement, should we identify an appropriate candidate.
The Diverse Academies and its Governors are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in their care and expects everybody working for the organisation to share this commitment. To this end we actively seek DBS enhanced clearance check for everybody that is employed by us.
Queen Elizabeth’s Academy is committed to pursuing the very best for every student. We hold dear the Christian values of respect, responsibility and compassion for others that underpin everything we do. ‘Life in all its fullness’ John 10:10
This vacancy is closed to applications.