KS2 Teaching Assistant
The Governors of this friendly, caring school are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support children across KS2 and cover one session of PPA per week. Initially the successful candidate will be working in year 6 where there are several low achieving children and a few children displaying challenging behaviour.
This is an opportunity for a professional with energy, enthusiasm and a passion for doing his/her best for every child to play a crucial role in our developing school.
The successful candidate will:
- Have an excellent knowledge of English and maths up to a Year 6 standard.
- Have good behaviour management skills to confidently support and lead a class.
- Believe in the potential of all children and expect high levels of achievement.
- Carry out a caring, nurturing role for our children promoting confidence, self-belief and resilience.
- Be creative, energetic and have a sense of humour!
We offer in return:
- The opportunity to develop best practise in a supportive environment.
- Friendly, responsive and enthusiastic children where everyone feels valued.
- An excellent team spirit where everyone works together.
- A leadership with dedication, high aspirations and expectations.
- A place where initiative is encouraged, and ideas valued.
- Hardworking, talented and supportive colleagues.
- A Governing Body which has the school’s best interests at its heart.
We are committed to rigorous safeguarding procedures and promoting the welfare of all children; please ensure that there are no gaps in your employment history that are not explained.
Visits are highly recommended because your letter of application should reflect our ethos and demonstrate how you would enhance the life of the school.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Application packs are available electronically from Alison Castledine (Head Teacher); E-mail: email@example.com; Telephone: 01623 480440.
Closing date: Monday 11 November - Applications received after this time will not be considered.
Interviews: Monday 18 November
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.