Teacher of Food Technology
The Elizabethan Academy is a successful 11-19 Academy, with sixth form. Students and staff benefit from the excellent facilities. We are looking for an individual to share our commitment and determination to providing a learning environment that enables all young people to thrive. We have all-encompassing professional development opportunities with a structured path to enable career progression. This includes secondments at other schools in the East Midlands and formal leadership coaching.
This post would suit an NQT as well as a more experienced applicant and will initially be recruited on a fixed term, to be agreed dependant on start date. This post is Full Time but Flexible options can be considered.
The successful candidate will join a hardworking, forward thinking and supportive department at an exciting time. We have excellent CPL opportunities and are part of the Redhill Teaching Alliance. We work closely with our feeder primary schools and the successful candidate will have scope for working across the phase.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be passionate about teaching Food Technology and committed to achieving excellent results for their students
- ability to teach KS3 and KS4 Food Preparation and Nutrition
- demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
- be committed to the Academy’s ethos of high expectations with no excuses
- an ability to teach a second subject would be an advantage but is not essential
Full details are available and you may apply online by visiting http://elizabethan.notts.sch.uk/vacancies or telephone Helen Upson on 01777 713705.
Closing date: Midday 18th November 2018
Interview date: w/c 25th November 2018
The Academy is committed to equality of experience for all staff and students. We operate safer recruitment, robust child protection procedures and require evidence of DBS clearance for all employees. Checks will also be made with previous employers.