Teacher of Computing / IT
The Elizabethan Academy is a successful 11-19 converter academy. Students and staff benefit from excellent facilities. We are looking to recruit a Teacher of Computing / IT to share our commitment and determination to providing a learning environment that enables all young people to thrive. We have all-encompassing professional development opportunities with a structured path to enable career progression. This includes secondments at other schools in the East Midlands and staff coaching.
This post would suit an NQT as well as a more experienced applicant. Applications would also be considered from applicants capable of undertaking the role as an Unqualified Teacher, including graduates with good programming skills who are considering teacher training.
The successful candidate will join a hardworking, forward thinking and supportive department. We have excellent CPL opportunities and are part of the Redhill Teaching Alliance. We work closely with our feeder primary schools and the successful candidate will have scope for working across phases.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be experienced in teaching computing at both GCSE and A-Level, and be committed to achieving excellent results for their students
- demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the Academy and its students can achieve and lead on the Academy’s participation in national school competitions
- be able to positively engage and work with outside agencies and organisations to raise the Academy’s profile and develop relationships
- engage, motivate and challenge students with a view in particular to raising aspirations of underachieving students
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
- be committed to the Academy’s ethos of high expectations with no excuses
Please also include details of any second subjects in your application. An ability to teach DT would be an advantage.
Full details are available and you may apply online by visiting http://elizabethan.notts.sch.uk/vacancies or telephone HR Manager, Helen Upson on 01777 713705.
Closing date: 10am Monday 18th November 2019
Interview date: w/c Monday 25th November 2019
The Academy is committed to equality of experience for all staff and students. We operate safer recruitment, robust child protection procedures and require evidence of DBS clearance for all employees. Checks will also be made with previous employers.
This vacancy is closed to applications.