We are seeking to appoint a part time Caretaker/Groundsperson working 25 hours per week Term Time only plus 3 additional weeks.
The ideal candidate will:
- Take pride in the cleanliness and appearance of the school at all times.
- Support in the maintenance and repair to the building fabric internally and externally as required, showing problem solving and handiwork skills that make fixing and repairing things a breeze.
- Make the premises safe for pupils and staff.
- Ensure all external areas are kept clean and tidy including external bins.
- Sweep and tidy, cleaning away all leaves, general debris around the grounds ensuring it is clear and safe at all times for the children to play.
- Maintain drain gullies and wastepipes.
- Maintain the school playing field ensuring it is match ready at all times, marking pitches as and when required.
In return we offer:
- A modern building with high quality resources and spacious grounds.
- Opportunities for continuing professional development.
- A supportive community and parents who are keen to work in partnership with the school.
- A committed Governing Body and Board of Trustees with key representatives from the local community.
Barnby Road Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Barnby Road Academy welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within our Academy.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed. Please contact Corrina Beckett in the school office to arrange a visit or request an application pack. This will also be available on our website www.barnbyroadprimary.com under vacancies.
Closing date: 10am, Monday 25 November 2019
Interviews date: Friday 29 November 2019