Lower Key Stage 2 Teacher
The Governors and Head teacher of St. Peter’s C of E Primary School are looking to appoint an inspirational and creative, part-time Lower Key Stage 2 Teacher (full days Monday, Wednesday and Thursday and Tuesday morning TBC) to join a committed team from Monday 11th May 2020. This position is a maternity cover for two terms until February half term 2021 (12th Feb 2021) We are a popular, ‘good’ village school and our last SIAMS inspection rated us ‘outstanding’. We have great children, talented and enthusiastic staff and keen and supportive parents and governors.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can form positive relationships with all members of the school community
- Has had recent experience in a Key Stage Two classroom
- Is an excellent practitioner with a thorough knowledge of Key Stage Two principles, curriculum, assessment and practice
- Is passionate about creating a positive learning environment which focuses on promoting a growth-mindset, enabling pupils to be the very best that they can be - socially, emotionally, academically, morally and spiritually.
- Has very high expectations for all children’s achievement and behaviour
- Is able to enthuse and motivate all learners through learning that is fun, exciting and enjoyable
- Is understanding of the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs
- Has excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Enjoys being part of an extremely hard-working team
- Approaches teaching with enthusiasm, a good sense of humour and a positive attitude
St. Peter’s C of E Primary School can offer:
- Friendly, well behaved, motivated children
- A strong drive to achieve high standards
- A friendly, committed, dedicated staff and Governing Body
- A warm and welcoming environment in which to thrive professionally
- An attractive, well resourced learning environment with interactive whiteboards in every classroom
This post would be suitable for a newly qualified teacher, or for someone with previous teaching experience.
Visits to the school are encouraged; please telephone 01777 817330 to make an appointment.
Please email for an application pack to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Midday, Friday 24th January 2020
Shortlisting will take place on: Monday 27th January 2020
Interviews will take place on: Monday 3rd February 2020
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.