Required start date: 24 February 2020.
The successful candidate will be required to work from 9am - 1pm, term time only, plus 10 days during the school holidays.
The Governing Body are looking to appoint a School Administrative Officer to work in partnership with the Headteacher and School Office Manager to provide a wide and varied range of clerical, administrative and financial support to the school and assist in the day to day demands of a busy school office.
We are looking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team at this successful and friendly school. Our pupils are well behaved, friendly and are keen to learn. The staff team are hard-working and supportive of one another.
You will be expected to:
- Undertake a range of financial management processes including processing orders, resolving issues, reconciling accounts and handling cash.
- Operate the school’s financial procedures in accordance with statutory guidelines, financial regulations and school and education department policy and practice.
- Create, manage and manipulate information relating to finance or staffing information, producing bespoke and complex reports.
We are seeking someone who:
- Is committed to making things better for children.
- Is confident with numbers with good attention to detail.
- Can effectively use ICT in management and data handling.
- Can prioritise workload and deal with interruptions to tasks and duties by responding efficiently.
- Will ensure that financial and administrative procedures effectively support the school in maintaining an outstanding quality of education and outcomes.
- Can analyse and interpret data and format it appropriately to meet specified statistical information requests.
- Can confidently communicate with staff, parents and carers, pupils and suppliers/contractors to provide advice, guidance and information.
- Will establish and develop positive relationships throughout the school.
- Is flexible, positive, dedicated and trustworthy.
- Will constantly improve own practice and knowledge through training, self-evaluation and learning from others.
We can offer:
- A tailored induction and training.
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- A friendly environment with a very varied and busy job role where no two days are the same.
For more information, visit our school website at www.gatefordpark.com
Please contact the school for further details and an application pack either by phone (01909 478681) or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Closing date: 31 January 2020
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.