We are seeking to appoint an excellent teaching assistant to join our committed and hard-working team.
The post involves leading teaching and learning and supporting the emotional development of pupils both within the classroom, through intervention groups and on a one to one basis.
The successful applicant will be enthusiastic and committed to raising standards and support the social, emotional and mental health of children in their care.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who:
- is an outstanding practitioner and can inspire a passion for learning
- has high expectations of themselves and of the children
- shows empathy and understanding of the needs of the pupils
- will work diligently and creatively to engage all children, especially those who can have challenging behaviour at times
- can provide interventions to support the social, emotional and mental health of pupils
- is enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- is able to show initiative, flexibility and resilience
- is a real team player, willing to go the extra mile
- has Forest School L3 accreditation or experience with outdoor learning
- has achieved NVQ level 3 or above in Childcare and GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and maths.
In return we can offer you:
- a good school (see Ofsted March 2017) with a with a happy and welcoming working environment
- an experienced and extremely supportive and dedicated staff team
- excellent provision for continuing professional development
- an attractive, well-resourced learning environment
- enthusiastic and well-behaved children who are eager to learn
Visits to the school are welcome and will be Thursday 16th January at 3.30pm or Wednesday 22nd January at 9.00am. Please telephone 01623 625589 to make an appointment.
An application pack and further details are available from Stacy Renshaw (School Office Manager) by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01623 625589.
Closing date: 9.00am Monday 27th January 2020.
Interviews are expected to be held week commencing Monday 3rd February 2020.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.