We are looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our hardworking and dedicated staff team. You will work in partnership with our teaching and support staff to undertake work, care and support programmes that enable access to learning for our pupils and/or the management of the classroom.
You will be required to provide specific support for pupils, including those with special needs, ensuring their safety and access to learning activities. This will include the planning and identification of any individual requirements including any physical needs along with assisting with the development and implementation of any individual education/behaviour plans and personal care programmes.
In your new role you will be expected to promote good pupil behaviour, dealing promptly with any incidents in line with established policy and establish constructive relationships with parents/carers.
We are interested in hearing from candidates who:
- Have experience of working with children with SEND and has high aspirations for their achievement
- Has a positive and enthusiastic can do attitude
- Is able to show initiative, creativity and resilience
- Is a strong team player who is willing to go the extra mile
- Is organised, dedicated and patient
- Is a good communicator, with the skills to liaise and work alongside parents, staff and multi-agencies
- Is confident to follow planning and adapt where necessary to support children’s individual needs
- Can provide constructive feedback to pupils in relation to progress and achievement
- Has the initiative to carry out interventions and programs of work
You will be expected to safeguard the welfare of children with whom you come into contact with during the course of your duties and responsibilities. The post holder will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed by appointment on 16th or 20th January.
Application forms and further details are available to download from the school website www.morvenpark.co.uk If you fit the above criteria and are interested in applying for this post, we would welcome your application.
Closing date: 27 January 2020 at 12:00.
Interviews will be held on Friday 31st January 2020.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.