Teaching Assistant/Behaviour Support Assistant
Head Teacher : Mrs Caroline Armstrong
Number on roll: 615
To start As soon as possible.
About the school:
Cotgrave Candleby Lane School is at the heart of our community and strives to ensure that every child has the support, care, guidance and challenge to be the best they can be. Our fun and engaging approach, mixed with an invigorating environment and ethos, enables staff and pupils to push boundaries to be the very best they can be in all aspects of school life. We value the uniqueness in every child and celebrate this with them. This is mirrored with the staff too as every member of our team has to celebrate and be clear about what makes them unique.
The school is proud of the strong bonds created with our children and families. This careful development is the product of nurture; our drive to develop the school’s seven values and truly going the extra mile for our children and families. The strong bonds are also reflected in our staff team, who have a ‘can do’ approach, care for each other, learn together and work well together as a high performing team. Importantly, we also know how to have fun in what we do.
This is just a flavour of what Candleby Lane Primary School has to offer and a visit to the school is warmly encouraged in order to find out more; please book a slot on our website.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and compassionate teaching assistant/ Behaviour support assistant with a commitment to inclusion, to support a group of children/individuals and work as part of a creative team within our Key stage 2 team.
The successful applicant will be working 1:1 with an individual child, on their own or within group activities as directed by the teacher.
What we are looking for:
- An organised, dedicated and patient practitioner.
- A practitioner who puts children at the heart of all their decisions.
- A practitioner who is able to use a varied range of strategies to support a child who at times finds school a challenge.
- A good communicator, with the skills to liaise and work alongside parents, staff and multi-agencies
- Someone who understands creative curriculum to Promote development and learning(physical, emotional, educational and social). Foster growth, self-esteem and independence, observe and record development.
- Confidence, to follow planning and adapt where necessary to support children’s individual needs.
- Initiative to carry out interventions and programs of work suggested by outside agencies
- A team player within the whole school setting.
- A sense of humour!
What we can offer:
- A full induction programme.
- Training opportunities to develop specific skills required.
A friendly and supportive environment to work in.
- An ethos of humility and commitment to work/life balance.
For more information and an application pack please visit the Key Information section of our website: www.candlebylane.co.uk , Telephone: 0115 9892284, email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date: Friday 24th January 2020.
Interviews are planned: Week beginning 27th January 2020.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
This vacancy is closed to applications.