Required from 20th April 2020 most likely to become permanent after 2 terms.
Wynndale Primary School has a vacancy for an outstanding school administrator to support the existing team of Admin Assistant, Finance Assistant and School Business Manager. The hours will be 16 hours a week – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday mornings from 8.00am -12 noon.
We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running so ideally someone already working in a busy school environment. You will need to be able to meet the challenges of a busy reception and undertake a variety of administrative & financial tasks.
Duties will include being on the front line for receiving visitors and telephone calls, so a calm, friendly and professional attitude is essential. The successful candidate will need to be forward thinking and be able to support the office team and the school in delivering and developing our systems to enable us to provide the highest quality education for our pupils. You must be competent in word processing skills & have a good knowledge of using Excel. More important qualities and skillsets are a welcoming personality, flexibility and a sense of humour.
Previous experience within a busy school office would be desirable as would a good understanding of SIMs although training will be provided to the most suitable candidate.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience and understanding of the demands of a busy reception area
- A professional and welcoming attitude whilst working under pressure
- Excellent IT skills, particularly Word, Excel, Office365, One Drive & Sharepoint alongside a good level of literacy and numeracy
- Previous administrative experience and an understanding of confidentiality
- The ability to independently prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
We can offer you:
- A happy school with supportive staff who work together to achieve the best for our children
- Commitment to developing you as a professional
- Outstanding and supportive governors
If you are interested and can offer the above, your application will be most welcomed. Wynndale Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Any offer of employment to this post will be subject to receipt of an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Visits to the school are encouraged and welcomed. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org .Telephone: 01623 479001.
Application forms and further details, including job specification are available to download via our website: www.wynndale-notts.sch.uk under vacancies in the ‘About us’ section.
Closing date: 9.00am Friday 24th January 2020.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.