Fixed Term Teaching Assistant
Head Teacher : Mr Carl Pattison
Roll: 540 + 60 place nursery
Required from: May 19 (32.5 Hours per week).
Candleby Lane School is at the heart of our community and strives to ensure that every child has the support, care, guidance and challenge to be the best they can be. Our fun and engaging approach, mixed with an invigorating environment and ethos, enables staff and pupils to push boundaries to be the very best they can be in all aspects of school life. We value the uniqueness in every child and celebrate this with them. This is mirrored with the staff too as every member of our team has to celebrate and be clear about what makes them unique.
The school is proud of the strong bonds created with our children and families. This careful development is the product of nurture; our drive to develop the school’s seven values and truly going the extra mile for our children and families. The strong bonds are also reflected in our staff team, who have a ‘can do’ approach, care for each other, learn together and work well together as a high performing team. Importantly, we also know how to have fun in what we do.
What we are looking for:
We truly believe our school is amazing and want to recruit new members of the team who match our ethos and feel they can make a positive contribution to the amazing journeys our children, staff and families are on. The child you will support has a diagnosis of Rett syndrome so knowledge, skills and understanding in this area would be an advantage, however, training and a transition program will be provided for the successful candidate. Importantly, due to the nature of Rett syndrome we would want someone who is willing to learn more from the child, family and experts so they can become an effective communication partner and a valuable member of our team.
What the parents are looking for:
Parents appreciate that their child’s TA spends a considerable amount of time with their daughter and therefore plays a considerable part in their development. They want a highly focused and conscientious person who supports with mobility, communication and learning. The family need someone who will implement therapy intervention and be inclusive at all times. Importantly, they want someone who is self-motivated and willing to be a very effective team player. Finally, communication is also vital: The successful person will ensure that their daughter has a voice and can take a full and active part in school life. Highly effective communication is also vital between the TA, outside agencies, family and staff.
What we want most is the right person for our school. However, we also hope the successful candidates will display the following:
- Have a belief in the empowerment of children, with the ability to build positive relationships throughout the school community.
- Have a positive and empathetic approach to enabling children to access learning and wider school life such as clubs and residential visits.
- Have a secure understanding of the national curriculum, particularly upper KS2.
- Be organised, dedicated and willing to go the extra mile.
- Use initiative to ensure the learning is tailored for the needs of the children you are working with.
- Be a team player within a whole school setting and also with our amazing families.
- Be resilient and reflective with a constant drive to improve.
- Have experience of working within a professional team.
- Have experience of managing the needs of children with specific additional needs
You will benefit from being part of a very committed and dedicated team who support each other, laugh in the staffroom and never let the grass grow under their feet!
If you are keen to be part of our very special team, please request further details. For more information or to arrange a tour visit the Key Information section of our website at www.candlebylane.co.uk
Application packs and information are available from our website www.candlebylane.co.uk under the key information section.
Closing Date: 26th April. Interviews: 30th April.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and actively encouraged (as you can probably tell we are extremely proud of our children and school). By visiting the school prior to applying, you will get a real feel for the place and be able to ask further questions, so please book your slot on a tour by following the link on the school website – Key information, vacancies.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment; therefore all positions are offered subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and references confirming your suitability to work with children.
We are committed to the development of community cohesion and the prevention of extremism and radicalisation.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.