Sturton Le Steeple C of E Primary School is situated in a quiet rural setting with superb facilities. The school serves the local community and draws children from Sturton and the surrounding villages. We are looking for someone to join our team who has relevant experience in primary schools.
The post involves working in EYFS and providing class cover in the absence of the class teacher. Knowledge EYFS assessment and current practice is a very important part of this job.
The successful applicants will be enthusiastic and committed to raising standards and improving the life chances of the children in their care.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who:
- is an outstanding practitioner and can inspire a passion for learning
- has relevant experience in EYFS
- has high expectations of themselves and of the children
- has excellent subject knowledge
- can provide class cover in the absence of the class teacher
- can plan activities for a class/group
- is enthusiastic with a positive attitude
- has achieved NVQ level 3 or above in Childcare and GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent in English and maths)
- has excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively as part of our caring and successful team
- can support pupils’ well-being
- is eager to make a wider contribution to school life
In return we can offer you:
- a good school (see Ofsted January 2018) with a with a happy, caring and welcoming working environment
- a Christian ethos with a ‘family feel’
- an experienced and extremely supportive and dedicated staff team including SLE’s and LA Moderators
- excellent provision for continuing professional development
- an attractive, modern well-resourced learning environment in an old traditional looking building (large-scale building improvements 2016-2017)
- enthusiastic and well-behaved children who are eager to learn
Sturton Le Steeple C of E Primary School Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS check is required for this post.
Visits to the school are welcomed, please contact the school if you would like to arrange a visit.
Application form and further details are available from the school website or email firstname.lastname@example.org telephone: 01427 880342
Closing date: 4th May 2019
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.