Class Teacher( 2 Posts)
Required for September 2019
Post 1: Permanent
Post 2: Fixed–term (to cover a 1 year sabbatical)
Abbey Road Primary is a thriving and successful suburban school. The senior leaders and governors are highly ambitious for the school’s long-term success and work hard together to create an exciting environment where pupils’ personal, emotional and academic needs are met.
We are looking for teachers who:
- Enjoy being with children and put children’s well-being at the heart of all they do.
- Believe in every child and make sure all individuals are appropriately supported and challenged.
- Have secure subject knowledge and a good understanding of the end-of-year expectations within Key Stage 2.
- Have the determination, energy and creativity to make learning memorable and inspiring.
- Work well in a team, valuing every member of the school community.
- Have a positive attitude and are willing to share ideas and learning.
- Have the enthusiasm and talent to contribute to extra-curricular and community life at our school.
- Have highly effective communication skills and a commitment to working well in partnership with parents and governors as well as with colleagues.
What we want most is the right person for our school, therefore additional responsibilities are flexible. However, teachers with a particular interest in either computing or art, who would be keen to develop the teaching of these subjects across school in the future, would be an advantage.
Posts will be paid at either MPR Band 1, 2, or 3 under the Nottinghamshire Pay Policy, dependent on current pay point; and would suit an NQT who has achieved a consistently high standard within their placement schools or an RQT with a track record of good and outstanding practice.
Abbey Road can offer a commitment to supporting continued professional development and an excellent opportunity to play a role in the future development of our school. You will also benefit from being part of a very hardworking, experienced and supportive team.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and positively encouraged. Please contact us to arrange an appointment and come and feel for yourself what makes our school a great place to work and learn.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are therefore subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and references confirming candidates’ suitability to work with children.
Application packs and further details are available to download from our school website: https://www.abbeyroadprimary.co.uk/vacancies/. Alternatively, you can collect a pack from the school office or via e-mail from our School Business Manager, Gail Hill. firstname.lastname@example.org .
Closing date: 12 noon Friday 26th April 2019. Interviews are scheduled to take place on Friday 3rd May 2019.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.