Assistant Head Teacher
Head Teacher: Mrs Kim Wakefield
Roll: 420 +52 place nursery
Required September 2019
Abbey Primary School is a successful school that makes a difference every day to the life chances of the pupils who attend. We are committed to giving every pupil the best possible start in life irrespective of background or circumstance.
Following the promotion of the previous post holder the Governors of this happy and successful school wish to appoint an enthusiastic, creative and highly motivated Assistant Head Teacher with proven leadership experience to work with our dedicated, high performing and supportive staff team to continue to raise achievement. You will be responsible for leading teaching and learning in Upper Key Stage 2. This is a unique opportunity to extend your leadership experience in preparation for Deputy Headship.
We are looking for someone who understands what good teaching and learning looks like and passionately believes that any child regardless of their background or ability can achieve. We are looking for someone who will bring energy, a hard working attitude and new ideas to our school. Someone who enjoys a challenge and wants to make a difference to the life chances of the children they teach. The successful candidate will need to:
- Passionately believe that all children can achieve
- Be an outstanding teacher with flair, enthusiasm and a sense of humour
- Have real enthusiasm for teamwork and collaboration
- Have high expectations (of yourself, colleagues and the children)
- Be creative with new ideas and able to translate these into practice
- Have a ‘growth mindset’ approach to learning
- Be a true team player with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
In return we can offer you:
- Happy, hard-working and motivated children who enjoy learning
- A welcoming and supportive school community which is inclusive
- Hard working, supportive and caring colleagues
- A supportive and forward-thinking Governing Body
- A well-resourced attractive working environment – a brand new school!
- Membership of the Minister Teaching School and a commitment to your professional development and career structure.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and will require the successful candidate to undergo a full DBS check prior to their appointment.
We actively encourage you to visit our school to see us at work. Please contact the Head Teacher’s PA, Natalie Mather, to arrange a visit or request an information pack.
Application forms and further details are available on the school website or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is Friday 3rd May 2019. Shortlisting Wednesday 8th May 2019. Interviews will take place Friday 17th May 2019.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.