Foundation 2 Teacher
Can you play a vital role in equipping our pupils with the best set of key skills and knowledge through ‘High Quality, High Impact’ teaching and learning?
Do you have a passion for enriching the knowledge and lives of primary pupils?
Are you committed, enthusiastic and innovative in order to unlock pupil’s talents, fulfilling their potential?
You may be the person we are looking for!
Berry Hill Primary and Nursery School requires a highly effective class teacher in Foundation 2 from September 2019.
We will offer:
- An individual school, where the needs of the children as individuals are paramount;
- Pupil and staff well-being is at the heart of everything we do.
- An exciting, well-resourced curriculum;
- The opportunity for you to use your initiative and talents as a teacher, utilising cutting edge practices;
- An enthusiastic and supportive staff team;
- Professional development opportunities using a range of local and national providers;
- Children who love coming to school and who want to learn;
- Parents and governors who are keen to be involved in school life;
- A friendly, welcoming environment.
We would love to hear from candidates who have:
- A passion for teaching and life;
- A desire to find out how their pupils learn and to use this effectively;
- Open and enquiring minds, which allow them to deepen their knowledge of what works well for children as individuals;
- Challenge and stimulation at the heart of their practice;
- Excellent classroom and behaviour management skills;
- Clear communication, leading to productive relationships with staff, children and parents;
- Excellent personal skills in literacy, grammar and numeracy;
- A sound knowledge of the EYFS curriculum
- Creative and innovative minds when delivering a stimulating, challenging curriculum;
- The ability to adapt to different situations and be flexible, according to the needs of the school;
- The strength to cope with the day to day challenges of being a teacher and the resilience to work under pressure;
- A good sense of humour and team spirit.
NQTs are welcome to apply. Candidates must have Qualified Teacher Status.
The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We will require proof of identity and qualifications prior to any appointment being made. We follow Nottinghamshire Local Authority policy on safeguarding children and safer recruitment. Within our school we are totally committed to ensuring a vigilant and safe school culture. All members of staff and volunteers work within an agreed school code.
CLOSING DATE: Friday 26th April 2019 at 12 noon, interviews to be held week commencing 6th May 2019.
Visits to the school, prior to the closing date, are warmly welcomed. Please contact Mrs S. Callinan, School Office Manager 01623 478477 to make an appointment.
Application packs can be downloaded from our website: www.berryhillprimary.co.uk
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.