The Directors of Sparken Hill Academy Trust are looking to appoint a caring, friendly, enthusiastic person who wants to make lunchtimes fun and enjoyable, working within the ethos of our academy team.
The role involves working as a member of a large team in a busy environment indoors and outdoors to ensure that the children eat well during their lunch and that the hall is kept clean and tidy and safe throughout, as well as supervising and supporting the children. There is also an electronic system through food service that is currently operated by the lunchtime team. Outdoors, the role involves supervising the children within our extensive grounds and encouraging them to play appropriate games, as well as other related duties. The role also includes clearing away the tables and chairs at the end of lunchtime and making sure the hall is left clean and clear.
These will be allocated by the Principal and Lunchtime Manager in accordance with the scheme of mid-day supervisors for the academy and will include assisting with:
- Supervision of pupils in the dining hall.
- Control queues to dining areas.
- Ensure that the overall arrangement for children to dine promotes an orderly and pleasant meals service.
- Ensure that any spillage is removed quickly; trays are not left in dangerous positions, and are wiped where necessary.
- Supervise return of used trays, crockery and cutlery by the children.
- Ensure that tables are left clean for the next occupant.
- Ensure dining areas are left clean and tidy
- Assist as required to relieve any ‘bottle neck’ at the Cunningham’s Machine.
- Arrange supervision to allow movement amongst the children within the area covered both inside and outside.
- Ensure acceptable standards of behaviour are maintained.
- Minimise the likelihood of children hurting themselves, others or damaging property
- Supervising pupils in classrooms during bad weather.
- Communicate effectively with the Lunchtime Manager and colleagues with regards to messages, incidents and rewards.
Undertaking any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post as defined, subject to the proviso that normally any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms.
Sparken Hill Academy Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Disclosure & Barring Service Check to ensure their suitability to work with children as well as have a strong commitment & knowledge of safeguarding.
Application packs are available from our website www.sparkenhillacademy.com
Completed applications should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org or posted to Sparken Hill Academy Trust, Sparken Hill, Worksop, Notts. S80 1AW
The closing date for applications: 12.00pm on Friday 26th April 2019
Short listing: Monday 29th April 2019
Interviews will take place: TBC
This vacancy is closed to applications.