Teaching Assistant for KS2
Headteacher: Sally Stafford. Pupils on Roll: 347, including a 26 place Nursery.
Dalestorth Primary School is a, warm, happy and hardworking school that was judged ‘Outstanding’ by OfSTED in 2007. It has continued to maintain these high standards of academic prowess and behaviour.
This is an incredibly rare opportunity that won’t come up very often as hardly anyone leaves us, so visit us when you can and apply now! Our school is a special place and you could be that person we are looking for to join and strengthen our team.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking teaching assistant who is experienced and confident working in KS2. The post, from September 2019, will require the candidate to work across KS2 in varying roles such as in-class support, interventions, targeted support and covering classes for PPA, illness and management duties. We would also like the successful candidate to be a play leader for over lunchtime to support pupils by providing additional play activities.
We would love to hear from you if you have/are/can:
- The ability to support children to further accelerate their progress through targeted support and intervention
- Is able to implement learning activities devised by the class teacher.
- Adapt planning where required for an individual child
- Able to prepare resources and learning materials to enhance the support further
- Use their initiative
- Committed to delivering high quality support and intervention
- Monitor and evaluate pupils’ responses to learning activities and feedback to colleagues
- Have strong classroom and behaviour management
- Be able to cover classes for either PPA, management time or absence
- A good sense of humour, a positive outlook on life demonstrating enthusiasm, energy and passion
- A team player, going above and beyond for the benefit of our children
- Build excellent relationships with staff and parents
- Committed to contributing to the wider life of school
- Relevant experience suitable for the post
- Demonstrate a professional attitude at all times.
In return we offer:
- Friendly, talented staff who are completely and passionately committed to the development of all children
- An extremely experienced and supportive staff team to work with
- Enthusiastic and well-behaved children who are eager to learn
- A supportive and committed governing body
- Continuing professional development opportunities.
Visits to the school are very welcome – please telephone 01623 459339 to make an appointment.
Further details and an application form may be obtained from the school upon receipt of an SAE, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Midday on 24th May 2019. Interviews: 14th June 2019.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.