Academy Business Manager
Flexible start dependant on notice period, start date to be agreed, to liaise with the current Academy Business Manager.
Following the retirement of our current Academy Business Manager, we are seeking to appoint a new, enthusiastic, innovative and dedicated Business Manager to join the team at Kirkby Woodhouse Primary School.
We are a large primary school, with approximately 450 children on roll. We are a happy, friendly, caring and busy school where we seek to go ‘Beyond Expectations’ in all we do. We are part of the Aspire Multi-Academy Trust – a small group of primary schools who share the same ethos and vision. Our core purpose is the Profound Personal Development of our children. We have a clear ‘Values Based’ approach to learning and through our exciting and creative curriculum, both in and out of the classroom, we can truly say, ‘It’s Never Boring Here’. There is always plenty going on in our school.
The role of Academy Business Manager at Kirkby Woodhouse School:
- Managing the school’s business including finances, resources, premises, personnel and human resources.
- Line Manager to our administration team. We are therefore seeking to appoint a Business Manager who can lead, inspire, challenge and organise others.
- Ensuring we provide the ‘value for money’ and the ‘best value’ and report regularly to the Head Teacher and Governing body.
- You will be required to attend Governors’ meetings (2 per term) and report on financial matters.
- Support the school leadership and Governors and liaise with the Aspire MAT’s Finance and Business Manager.
- Taking responsibility for managing the school.
- Have a good working knowledge of PSF and MIS (Scholarpack) systems.
- The post is all year round.
We are looking for a Business Manager to join our Kirkby Woodhouse family who:
- Has or is willing to work towards the Certificate in School Business Management.
- Has qualifications equivalent to the School Business Management, e.g. NVQ4 or degree.
- Has had previous experience working in a school or academy environment – desirable, not essential.
- Will be ambitious both for the school and themselves.
- Has excellent finance skills.
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to work in close partnership with others.
- Has effective interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and manage a team and work as part of a team.
- Is well organised, efficient and acts upon their own initiative.
- Is reliable, trustworthy and fully understands the importance of confidentiality.
- Is happy in their work, even when under pressure and faced with challenges.
- Has a caring and friendly manner especially when working with children and families.
- Strives to be the best they can be and has high expectations of themselves and their work.
- Is enthusiastic and has a positive work ethic.
- Will contribute to the ethos of Kirkby Woodhouse School.
In return, we can offer you:
- A friendly, hard-working, dedicated and supportive team of staff and Governors to work alongside.
- Personalised continued professional development and support with induction and appropriate training.
- A period of overlap, where possible, with the current Business Manager, to get to know our school (4 weeks).
- Opportunities to liaise with the other Business Managers of the other primary schools within the Aspire MAT.
- A happy, caring, friendly and welcoming school environment.
- The opportunity to become involved in the wider life of our school.
It sounds like a big job – it is, but you will find great job satisfaction, supported by a friendly, energetic, committed staff, super children and an ethos of care and challenge, in a school whose unofficial motto is, It’s Never Boring Here!’
If you think Kirkby Woodhouse School sounds like the place for you, we would really like to meet you. To arrange a visit to come and look around the school and/or to request an application pack with a detailed job description/person specification, please contact Mrs Judy Rawson in our School Office: firstname.lastname@example.org or send a large stamped addressed envelope. We look forward to meeting you.
Closing date: Thursday, 23rd May at 10.00am. Interviews: Tuesday, 4th June.
This vacancy is closed to applications.